TEST YOUR CADILLAC KNOWLEDGE WITH OUR CADILLAC TRIVIA CHALLENGE!
Here at Landers Chevrolet Cadillac of Joplin, we love Cadillacs, and there’s always something new to learn about the history, heritage, innovation and engineering of the incredible brand that has long been “The Standard of the World”!
Think you know Cadillac better than the folks that sell them for a living? Then test your knowledge with Landers Chevy Cadillac of Joplin’s Trivia Challenge! And if you want the best selection and the best deals on fine Cadillac sedans and SUVs in Southwest Missouri, there’s only one name to know: Landers Chevrolet Cadillac of Joplin! Stop in today for a test-drive, or shop our full selection of fine Cadillac vehicles at our website right now.
1) What year was Cadillac founded?
2) Where did the name “Cadillac” originally come from?
A) A brand of champagne served in the finest restaurants of Paris
B) A French explorer who founded Detroit
C) A type of then-fashionable ladies’ hat
D) A Native American word meaning “Beautiful Lake”
3) What model year is the famous Cadillac ambulance-turned-ghost-chaser in the 1984 film “Ghostbusters”?
4) What year did Cadillac debut their first V8 engine?
5) Cadillac debuted their first fully automatic transmission in 1941. What was it called?
6) In 1921, Cadillac built a luxurious sedan that shares its name with a Chevrolet vehicle that’s still built today! What was it called?
7) “Tail fins,” first conceived by designer Harley Earl, would become a signature Cadillac design feature in the 1950s and 60s. What year did Cadillac produce their first car with “tail fins”?
8) Where did Harley Earl get the idea for “tail fins” on Cadillac cars?
A) A photo he saw of a Reef Shark
B) A dinosaur skeleton with a bony “crest” on its skull
C) The tails of World War II fighter planes
D) A type of bird from Madagascar
9) Which of the following was a unique feature of the 1975 Cadillac Eldorado?
A) It featured a CB radio as standard equipment
B) It was front-wheel drive
C) It had four-wheel steering
D) It featured a retractable hardtop that folded into the trunk.
10) What was the model year of the first Cadillac Escalade SUV debut?
ANSWERS: A, B, B, A, D, A, A, C, B, C