2021 CHEVY SILVERADO WILL FEATURE AVAILABLE SIX-FUNCTION MULTI-FLEX TAILGATE
While Chevy trucks have seen a lot of changes in the last hundred years, one thing that has remained largely the same, other than a few tweaks, is the tried-and-true tailgate. From the earliest Chevy truck tailgates — really just a plank of wood — to the 2020 Chevy Silverado, the tailgate of every Chevy truck has basically been a hinged bed wall that folds down horizontally to keep whatever you’re hauling secure while offering quick and easy access.
That will soon change, however, with the news that the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 will feature the incredible Multi-Flex Tailgate. So much more than just another tailgate, the available Multi-Flex tailgate on the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 will feature not only the ability to keep your load secure, but also six exclusive features that will make everything from climbing into the bed to using a laptop or tablet on the job easier than ever. Simply put, Chevrolet is flipping the script on one of the most tried-and-true parts of the Chevy truck, for more functionality, more utility and more secure hauling than ever.
Similar to the Multi-Pro Tailgate that has been available since 2019 on the Silverado’s GMC sister-model, the Sierra 1500, the 2021 Chevy Silverado’s Multi-Flex tailgate includes a special flip-down section at the top. Otherwise the tailgate is indistinguishable from a standard unit when in the up position. The six exclusive functions of the Multi-Flex tailgate are:
1) TAILGATE: That’s right! The first job of the Multi-Flex tailgate is the one tailgates have been doing for years: making sure your pumpkins don’t roll out. The Multi-Flex Tailgate on the 2021 Silverado does that job just as well as a standard unit, thanks to rugged construction meant to take every workday in stride.
2) FULL-WIDTH LOAD STOP: Need to haul something that’s a bit too long for the 2021 Silverado’s cargo box, so that you have to haul with the tailgate down? The Multi-Flex tailgate has you covered, with a rugged, eight-inch panel that pops up from the inside of the tailgate and locks in place, keeping long items from sliding out, even when the tailgate is down.
3) FOLD-DOWN MINI-GATE: With today’s taller Silverado trucks, trying to reach over the tailgate to grab something in the cargo bed can be a stretch. That’s why the Multi-Flex tailgate’s center section flips down, making grabbing items from the bed floor easier without having to raise and lower the entire tailgate.
4) FOLDING STEPS: Getting into and out of the truck bed, when one slip or stumble can mean a bad bruise or worse, is one of the most dangerous things you can do with your truck. The 2021 Silverado’s Multi-Flex tailgate makes it easy, however. Lower the tailgate and press a button, and full-width steps capable of supporting 375 pounds pop out, ready for use, in less than one second.
5) INNER GATE LOAD STOP: So you’re hauling cargo like lumber, plumbing pipes or or a door that’s too long to fit in your bed with the tailgate up, but you don’t want to put the tailgate down? The center section of the Multi-Flex tailgate flips down a the touch of a button while the main gate stays up, allowing you to haul securely without your cargo sliding all over the place.
6) A STANDING WORKSTATION: More and more often these days, job sites include people pecking away on laptops and tablets. Looking for a rock-solid place to work without stooping or pulling up a chair? Just fold down the center section of the 2021 Silverado 1500’s available Multi-Flex Tailgate and you’ve got a standing desk that’s flat, smooth, and wide enough to safely accommodate a tablet or laptop without your expensive device ending up screen-first in the dirt.
Chevrolet is always pushing the envelope on what a truck can be, and in the all-new 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500, that will including the incredible, six-function Multi-Flex Tailgate. Want to buy a 2021 Chevy Silverado in Joplin, Missouri? While the 2021 Silverado won’t be here for a few more weeks, we’ve got everything you need to know to get you pre-approved for financing and ready to own the next-generation truck from Chevy. Can’t wait? Check out our great selection of 2020 Chevy Silverado models at our website right now.