The Ultimate Chevrolet Trivia Quiz!
We love all things Chevrolet here at Landers Chevrolet Cadillac of Joplin, from vintage classics to today’s hottest high-performance Chevy muscle. One thing we love about the brand is that there’s always something new to learn about the long, long history of Chevy! Think you know Chevrolet? Then test your knowledge with our Ultimate Chevrolet Quiz! And when you’re ready for the driving portion of the test, come see us today for a test drive of a future classic of the Bowtie brand, or check out our full selection of 2021 Chevy models at our website right now.
1) Chevrolet has been building the finest cars, trucks, vans and SUVs in America for over 100 years! In what year did the official founding of Chevrolet occur?
2) What was the name Chevy gave to their first fully-automatic transmission, first released in 1950?
3) Chevrolet is proud to still make the vehicle with the longest continuously-used model name in the world! Which of the following Chevrolet model nameplates dates all the way back to 1936?
4) If you’re old enough — or into vintage Chevy trucks — you might know that Chevrolet pickups had bed floors made of wooden planks for decades, until the Chevrolet El Camino was introduced with an all-steel bed floor. What year did Chevrolet debut the El Camino, with the brand’s first all-steel truck bed floor?
5) Which of the following is NOT the name of a vehicle produced at some point by Chevrolet?
B) Monte Carlo
6) Silverado wasn’t always the overall name given to full-size and heavy duty Chevy trucks. In fact, it started out as an option group. What year was the name “Silverado” first used to refer to a Chevy Truck option group?
7) The fluids we use in Chevrolets have come a long way too. Which of the following was part of the transmission fluid blend of every Chevy built with an automatic transmission before the 1973 model year?
A) Vegetable Oil
B) Paraffin Wax
C) Castor Bean Oil
D) Whale Oil
8) The Chevrolet Camaro made a big splash in America when it debuted in 1967. Which of the following was a real product launched by Chevy to help promote the Camaro?
A) A Camaro-themed women’s clothing line
B) A Camaro-themed travelling stage play
C) A half-hour, partially-animated movie about the Camaro that screened in theaters
D) All of the above
9) Which of the following Chevrolet models was introduced most recently?
10) The new mid-engine C8 is the eighth generation of the legendary Chevy Corvette. Where did Chevy originally get the name “Corvette”?
A) It’s an old French word for a small stone fortress
B) It’s a type of warship used in shallow, coastal waters
C) It’s an obscure type of men’s formal jacket
D) It’s a made-up word coined in 1953 by Chevy’s ad agency, Sterling Cooper Draper Price
ANSWERS: C, D, B, D, A, C, D, D, D, B